Hi there! I’m Alex Ruston, the girl behind Honour Bright. This blog is a collection of the things I love and the things I need to share. The name ‘Honour Bright’ comes from an old saying. It means to swear, the honest to goodness truth. I picked it up in an old book and it sort of stuck.
A bit about me:
1. I’m Canadian, from a little town near (ish) to Georgian Bay.
2. Right now, I’m not 100% sure where the hell I want to live. But I really want to get out there and have some adventures while I figure it out.
3. I love to draw and paint anything with a good story behind it. I also love to read books and drink way too many cups of coffee.
4. Another thing I’m fond of is writing letters. It's a thrill to find envelopes waiting in my in my mailbox. Sometimes when I let it go for too long, I’ll scribble, “I promise to write more! Honour Bright!” at the end of a letter.
5. Dancing to 1960’s music is one of the great joys in my life.
6. My Dad died last year. He really was my best friend and I miss him every day.
I’m a pretty optimistic kind of person, most of the time… Life is a great and beautiful thing, but it can really suck sometimes too. My heart’s still a bit broken, but I’m on the road to being a mostly happy, healthy, kick ass kind of girl. Here, I share the good and the bad (which definitely includes ugly).